Wednesday, November 24, 2010
A Week of Thankfulness: My Education
Beginning in kindergarten and continuing all the way through graduate school, I was lucky enough to receive a strong education that prepared me well for my future. I attended a Catholic grade school and high school that helped me grow in my faith while I received a good education. I continued on to a Catholic college--the same college that my parents and my older brother attended. It was there that I received the education that would allow me to succeed in the career that I love--nursing. It was also there that I met the people who are now some of my closest friends. After entering the nursing profession, I made the decision to further my nursing education by pursuing a master's degree from UAB. I completed my master's degree a little over a year ago. Although I am not currently using this degree in a formal position, I am glad that I was able to complete the degree early in my career so that when I am ready to move into a more advanced nursing position, I will be prepared. I am thankful for the education I've received throughout my life because without this education, I would not be where I am today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment