Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Great South Bend Adventure, Part Five: Chi-ca-go!

On the last day of my trip, we made a day trip to Chicago. I come from a long line of Chicago lovers, so I was very excited to see Chicago for the first time. Before the sun was even up that day, we were at the South Bend train station boarding the train to Chicago. After a couple of hours on the train, we arrived in the Windy City!

First things first, we went to see Wrigley Field. My dad and my brother are diehard Cubs fans and, in fact, my great uncle, Claude Passeau, used to pitch for the Chicago Cubs. Needless to say, if my family found out that I was in Chicago and did not see Wrigley Field, I would be disowned. So seeing Wrigley Field was pretty much the number one priority for our trip to Chicago. Now of course Wrigley was locked up tight and the Cubs' season was over when we visited, so we only got to see the outside. But I was still excited. Here are some pictures from Wrigley:







And of course I had to take a picture with Harry Caray:



We also went and saw the giant "bean" in Millenium Park. When you look at the bean, you can see the Chicago skyline. Here are some pictures of the "bean":











We also got to stop by Garrett's Popcorn Shop to buy some bags of popcorn. That was definitely the best popcorn I've ever put in my mouth!



And a trip to Chicago wouldn't be complete without some Chicago-style deep dish pizza!



I enjoyed just walking through the streets of Chicago and seeing all of the tall buildings. But it was very cold in those wind tunnels!









Before we left Chicago, we went to the Signature Lounge, which is on the 95th floor of the Hancock Building. I was able to get some good pictures from that view:





The women's restroom at the Signature Lounge actually has the best view of Chicago:





Sometimes it pays to be a woman!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the $5 bottle of water- I was pretty sure that was your favorite part of the trip. And there better be a part 6 with the "characters we saw".

    ReplyDelete