It's no secret that this has been a particularly warm week. Pretty much every day this week, the high temperatures have been in the upper 90s, with heat indexes near 105. Probably the hottest week of the year. A week with record-high temperatures, for sure. So what's the worst possible thing that could happen during a week like this? You guessed it--a broken A/C. Just my luck. I came home from work on Monday night to a very warm house and a dog panting from heat exhaustion. Luckily (if you can consider anything about this situation lucky), I am still under my home warranty contract for two more months, so I immediately called my home warranty company. I was told that I would be contacted the following day to set up an appointment. I figured I would have one night with no A/C, and that someone would come out the following day to fix my broken A/C. Sometimes I really surprise myself with my own naiveness. I was contacted the next day, and an appointment was set up for Friday. Yes, Friday. As in 3 days from then. As in 3 more nights with no A/C. I prepared myself for a hot and miserable week. I opened the windows, I set all of my ceiling fans to full-blast mode, I pulled out every fan I own, and I put on the least amount of clothing I could wear without horrifying the neighbors. Colby also braced himself for a hot week, and he looked completely miserable all week long:
I must say that I have never been as happy to wake up and leave for work as I was on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. UAB Hospital really has excellent A/C service. I almost was sad to leave the hospital after working 12-hour shifts both days...almost.
I am happy to report that an A/C guy showed up at my house first thing this morning. He found that I had a cracked fan blade that was causing the motor to overheat. He replaced the fan blades, the motor, the capacitor, and added freon, because I was also really low on freon. Thank goodness for that home warranty! And if my A/C guy's boss happens to read this, please give that guy a raise!
So I have a cool house again, just in time for next week's cold front...
When the temperature inside your house is close to 90 degrees, you tend to go on a lot of outings to cool places. On Tuesday, I decided to take my sweet two-year-old nieces and nephew, Piper, Rosemary, and Henry, out to lunch while their little sister was being born. They deserved something special that day, and Auntie Ann was ready to make them feel special! Now of course I didn't tackle this outing on my own--the kids' nanny, Stephanie, came along with us. We all had a great lunch at a fun Mexican restaurant. While I think the kids enjoyed their quesadillas, their favorite part of the meal were the chips and salsa.
Here's Piper enjoying her outing:
Here's Henry, obviously having fun on our lunch date:
And here's Rosemary enjoying her lunch:
After a big meal, the kids were completely exhausted. On the way back to their house, I told Piper that she looked tired, and Rosemary wanted to get the point across to me that she was tired, too:
On Tuesday, after threatening to come for weeks, Piper, Henry, and Rosemary's little sister, Penelope, was born on her scheduled c-section date. She weighed in at a healthy 7 pounds 14.8 ounces, and she and her mom are both doing great. I was afraid that I wouldn't have room in my heart to love a new baby in the same way that I love Piper, Henry, and Rosemary, but as soon as I saw little Penelope, it was love at first sight! I am so proud to be Auntie Ann to this beautiful little girl.


Congratulations Auntie Ann!
ReplyDelete