A few days later, I began telling my co-workers about the upcoming Casino Night at my church. To say that they were shocked and appalled is a bit of an understatement. I'm not sure what shocked them more--the fact that my church was hosting Casino Night on the church premises, or that beer and wine were included in the ticket price. Much to my surprise, one of my co-workers, Vivi, was really interested in attending. So she recruited one of her friends, and we all went to Casino Night on Saturday night.
So we headed to the church, and entered the Social Hall...I mean the "Casino"...for Casino Night. Here's Vivi and me at the entrance to the "Casino":
I was quite impressed. There were tables set up in the "Casino" with games like Black Jack, Poker, Roulette, and Craps. There were even professional dealers at these tables. There were also a few slot machines. Let me stop here--in case any of my readers are absolutely horrified at this point--and explain that we weren't exactly playing for money. At the beginning of the night, we were given $1000 in play money. As you played the casino games you won chips, and at the end of the night the number of chips you earned determined the number of tickets you got to place in the prize raffle. Hopefully I have eased a bit of the horror now.
Anyway, as soon as we walked into the "Casino", we felt like we totally fit in.
Sometimes it's nice to just feel really young.
We played a few games and drank a little wine, and then we decided that I needed to take a picture with the Ace of Spades:
So maybe we drank a little too much wine... Here's a re-do, with Vivi's friend T.C. looking a little distracted:
All in all, Casino Night was a blast. I was a little sad when it was time to leave.
But the best part about Casino Night was knowing that Jesus was right there with us all night.


That's amazing! But too bad there wasn't a picture of the hot dealer included :-) Next year I think casino night won't know what to do when all of us CCNer's come walking in!
ReplyDelete