Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm Being Haunted...By a Cat.

When I was nine years old, I begged and begged my parents to let me have a dog. Being the smart people that they are, my parents knew that we did not have the time to devote to a dog, and that I was lying through my teeth when I told them that I would feed and care for the dog every single day. I must have been pretty insistent though, because my parents finally agreed to let me have a hamster (Sidenote: Ewww! I don't know what they were thinking! A hamster?! Ewww!). My mom took me to the pet store, and we left with a cute little furry...kitten! I'll never forget the look on my dad's face when we showed back up at the house with Tootsie...

Now, fast forward 17 years. As you may remember, Tootsie the cat met a tragic end a couple of months ago when she was hit by a car in my parents' garage--a car my mom just happened to be driving. It was an unfortunate accident, and I don't think my poor mother will ever recover from it. My mom immediately rushed Tootsie to the vet after the accident, but her injuries were far too severe and she was far too old (heck, she was freaking 17 years old!!) to take any drastic measures. My mom courageously stayed by Tootsie's side as she died peacefully.

Here is a picture of the late Tootsie:



Now, fast forward to the present time. The other night, I was putting some clothes in my dryer and heard a "Meow!" on the other side of the window by my laundry room. I cracked open the blinds, but it was dark outside and I didn't see anything. So I went into the living room, sat on the couch, and started watching TV. Pretty soon, I heard another "Meow!", this time coming from the other side of my living room window. A little bit later, I headed to my bedroom to turn in for the night, and...you guessed it...I heard a "Meow!" coming from the other side of my bedroom window. I felt as if I was being followed, but I shook it off and went to bed.

I woke up the next morning, opened the back door to let Colby outside, but found it a little strange that Colby expressed no interest in going outside. I looked out the door, and what I saw sent chills down my spine:



Yes, I'm being haunted. By a cat. A cat that looks eerily identical to the recently-deceased Tootsie. It's like a bad horror movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment