Monday, September 6, 2010

Backyard Update

I was looking at the "Flower Power" blog post I made a few months ago, and I realized how much the plants in my backyard have grown and blossomed since then. Although I would like to take all of the credit for this (I mean, I do water the plants every once in a while...), my mom has played a big part in it. I like to call her my landscaper. Whenever my yard is looking rough, I call her up and she drives up from Mobile to landscape it. She can take my yard from bleak to chic in the matter of just a few hours. Most recently, she came up here to landscape my backyard (and dog-sit) while I enjoyed a weekend at the beach. It was a great deal for me!

If you remember correctly, this is what my backyard looked like a couple of months ago:





Here are some more recent pictures of my backyard:











There are some plants in my backyard that I am quite proud of. One is the mandevilla I have growing on a trellis:





Another is the lantana that my mom just planted:





I'm also proud of this crinum lily that just bloomed a few days ago. When my mom planted a bunch of crinum lilies in my backyard back in the spring, she said that it would probably take 4-5 years before I would see any of them bloom. Surprisingly, one of my crinum lilies bloomed a few days ago!



I also have some Mexican petunias blooming along my fence. When my mom planted the Mexican petunias back in the spring, they were tiny little plants. They have grown a lot since then! I love their pretty purple flowers.





I think I am most proud of the vinca growing along my fence. Here is a picture of the vinca from a few months ago:



Here are some pictures of the vinca now:











My landscaper-mom does good work, doesn't she?!

2 comments:

  1. I think she does a wonderful job! And you are very sweet to let a retired lady with too much time on her hands play in your backyard!
    Your Mom

    ReplyDelete