Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Changed Diapers Back Then, Too

Apparently, I found my calling at an early age.



That is four-year-old me changing my cousin Mark's diaper. For someone who was just four, it looks like I was doing a pretty stellar job at changing that diaper. I guess all of the diaper changing practice I got back then made me the expert diaper changer I am today.

Yesterday, we threw a surprise birthday party for my grandmother, Mimi (more on that later). As part of the surprise, we put together a scrapbook for her. Each of Mimi's children and grandchildren made a page for the scrapbook. When I was looking through some of my mom's old photo albums for this project, I came across a lot of pictures of me holding and caring for baby Mark. I asked my mom about it, and she said she remembers me always being obsessed with Mark. She said I always wanted to take care of him.

Here is me holding Mark on Christmas of 1987 (I was three and Mark was just a few months old):



Here is another picture of me holding Mark (what a chunk!!) in 1988. I was four and he was close to a year old.



I've never been able to pinpoint at what time in my life I heard my calling to become a neonatal nurse, but I guess these pictures tell the story.

And just because it's cute...I also found this picture of me and my brother from 1988, and I just love it. But don't ask me to explain my brother's outfit...

No comments:

Post a Comment