Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Maybe I'm More Like My Mother Than I Thought...

Most people agree that my dad and I have a lot of the same qualities. We're both pretty laid back and calm about most things, we both love listening to music and we even have similar tastes in music, and we both have an amazing sense of humor. Don't get me wrong--my mom has a lot of great qualities too, but I really seem to have inherited most of my dad's qualities. Lately, however, I have come to realize that maybe I am more like my mother than I originally thought. You see, my mom LOVES to be outside working in her yard. Growing up, the only time I can really remember my mom being inside the house was when she was sleeping. I clearly remember on multiple occasions my dad practically having to drag my mom inside because it was thundering and lightening, a hurricane was blowing through, or it was so hot that he feared she would suffer a heat stroke. The woman just loves to be outside. You may remember my posts last year about my backyard landscaping project, and how much I enjoyed working in my new yard. Now that spring has sprung and everything is greening back up, I am back at it. I often find myself spending hours upon hours outside--pulling weeds, cutting the grass, weed eating, edging, fertilizing, watering the plants, or simply just admiring my yard. And--if I do say so myself--it is pretty admirable these days.











My mom definitely passed the yard work genes on to me. I guess I'm more like her than I thought! Of course, I must give some credit to my yard work supervisor:



A lot of the plants in my yard are close to blooming, so stay tuned for more pictures of some pretty flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment