Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hanging on to My Mid-20s...By a Thread.

Earlier this month, I celebrated my 27th birthday. Initially, I was dreading this birthday. To me, turning 27 meant entering my late-20s, and I'm just not ready to be THAT close to the big 3-0 yet. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that, technically, 27 is closer to 25 than it is to 30. In preparation for my birthday, I began a poll and asked my friends, co-workers, and acquaintances if they thought that 27 was considered mid-20s or late-20s. The general consensus was that 27 is still mid-20s, but just barely. I'm okay with that. Suddenly, I felt more comfortable with turning 27, and I found reason to celebrate my birthday, not mourn it.

This year, my birthday fell on a weekend, which gave me reason to celebrate not just my birthday, but my entire birthday weekend. And celebrate I did...all weekend long!

Here are some pics from the martini night birthday celebration with the girls.

Luna having a blast:


Steph G. overwhelmed with joy:


Steph A. bi-winning with a cupcake in one hand and a martini in the other:


Me making my birthday wish:


The best friends a girl could ask for:


Thanks to everyone who made my birthday weekend so special! I'm so glad I got to spend it with some of my most favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment