Thursday, December 9, 2010

The "Lion" Saga Continues

Colby has not stopped in his pursuit to get to the Lion on the other side of the fence. The other night when I got home from work, my dog was not at the door waiting to greet me. In fact, he was nowhere to be found in my house. I cracked open the back door and called him, and still nothing. At this point, I started panicking. I searched the house more closely, and still didn't find my dog. Finally, I stepped outside to the back yard and Colby came running up to me and started jumping all over me. And then I realized that my sweet dog, and consequently myself, were all covered in mud...again. I looked to see how big of a hole he dug this time, and was surprised by what I saw:



Yes, my little 15-pound dog split the wood of my fence in his pursuit to get to the Lion. Here's a look at Colby's damage, taken in broad daylight, so that you can get the full effect:



I must not have hidden how annoyed I was very well, because all Colby could do the rest of the night was hang his head in shame.



Despite the impressive damage Colby made, I still didn't think he was successful in getting to the other side of the fence. Until the other day when I went outside and found him like this:



He wasn't stuck, I just happened to snap the picture as he was making his way back to my side of the fence. It looks like he's done this maneuver a time or two before.

As it turns out, Colby and the Lion are good friends now. As much as I hate to break up this blossoming friendship, I'm just not crazy about the idea of my dog tearing up my fence and digging his way through it at will. With my parents' help, I am currently trying to figure out a way to outsmart my dog and keep him inside my fence. In the meantime, you can be sure that Colby's outdoor privileges have been revoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment