Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Lion Moved In Next Door

Well, not really a lion. But he's big and he's mean and he roars like a lion every time I walk outside to my back yard. So Colby and I refer to him as the Lion.

So here's the new lion that lives next door:



Colby is not at all happy about the Lion. He does not appreciate the fact that he has to share one side of his fence with this new creature next door. Since both dogs are male, they spend hours upon hours having marking competitions along the fence. Lately, whenever I take Colby on his walks, I've noticed that he will just ignore the small dogs that pass us but then act like he wants to devour the dogs that are five times his size. So you can imagine how insane he acts whenever he sees the Lion.

One night last week, I came home from a long 12-hour shift at work and found my little Colby looking like this:



No, he did not decide to dye his hair red while I was at work. The muddy footprints all over my house were my clue that he had spent the day playing in the mud outside. However, when I ventured out into my back yard the next day, it became clear why Colby was so muddy.





Apparently he had had enough of the Lion and decided to get to him however he could.

No comments:

Post a Comment