Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm a Godmother!

Here is my sweet goddaughter, Penelope:



Now you may remember my post from a while back when I had a bag packed in order to be ready to babysit Piper, Henry, and Rosemary whenever little Penelope decided to make her big entrance. Even though she threatened to come for weeks prior to her due date, Penelope was born a healthy full-term baby. She is now two months old, and she is a beautiful and healthy little girl.

Shortly after Penelope was born, Heather and Gary asked me to be her godmother. I was, and still am, so honored by this. I am excited that Penelope and I will always have this special bond. I feel like I already have a special connection with Piper, Henry, and Rosemary since I was their nurse for the weeks that they spent in the hospital after they were born. They are the reason that I came to know their family so well. Fortunately, I was never Penelope's nurse since she was born so healthy and just had a normal newborn hospital stay. But she is my goddaughter, and that is the special connection that Penelope and I will share. I hope that I always live my life as a good example to her.

On Sunday, October 10, we celebrated Penelope's Baptism. It was a special day, and I'm so happy that I got to be part of it. Here are some pictures from Penelope's Baptism Day:



















I am so honored to be Penelope's godmother!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being Penelope's godmother!! And thanks for a beautiful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being a godmother! Looks like it was a beautiful service and Penelope is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete