Sunday, June 6, 2010

My New Back Yard Pool!

There is one thing about apartment living that I miss this time of year:



This is the pool at my former apartment complex. During my four summers at this apartment complex, I spent many a summer day lying by this pool, soaking up some rays. It was heavenly.

Now that I no longer live in this apartment complex, I do not have access to this great pool any more. A few weeks ago, I put on my bathing suit and tried to soak up some rays while lying on a beach towel in my back yard. It just wasn't the same.

I explained to my mother the loss I was feeling by no longer having access to a pool. My mother had a wonderful suggestion. She told me that I should put in a pool in my back yard! And much to my surprise, she even offered to pay for it! The purchase has been made, and the installation went much quicker than planned. And now, here is my new back yard pool:





You are all welcome to come over for a swim. But only one person at a time, please.

2 comments:

  1. We purchased a pool, much the same size, for lola to cool down in during the summer. Needless to say I have spent much more time in the pool or around the pool than lola has. Does Colby jump in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, today was the first day I've actually been in the pool. Colby came really close to getting in, but then just decided to drink the water instead. I guess he thought it was a giant water bowl or something. Maybe Lola and Colby can have a pool party when you guys come visit!

    ReplyDelete