Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"M.J." Lives!!!

As I'm sure most of you know, June 25th marked the 1 year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death. June 25th also marked the birthday of one of my awesomely crazy co-workers, Steph G. In a previous blog post, I mentioned how Steph G., along with her sidekick Steph A., are quite possibly the biggest M.J. fans that ever lived. As you can imagine, Steph G. is less than thrilled to have to share her birthday with the anniversary of the death of the King of Pop.

This past Saturday, I traveled to the Stephanies' hometown of Arab, Alabama to celebrate Steph G.'s birthday with her family and friends. What Steph G. didn't know, but what the rest of us knew, was that M.J. was going to make a brief return from the grave for her party. The stage was set with a Michael Jackson Thriller Jacket cake:



And sparkly glove cookies:



And then the moment we had all been waiting for--The Return of Michael!!!

















Here's a video of "M.J." performing "Jam":




And here's a video of "M.J." performing "Thriller":




"M.J." put on a great show, and to say Steph G. was surprised is a bit of an understatement. Happy Birthday Steph G.!!!

1 comment:

  1. yayayayay!!!!! I'm SOOOOO glad you could be there, Ann!!! It was SOOO much fun and I was beyond surprised!!! I'm also glad you were able to meet my "cute" Pops :-)

    ReplyDelete