Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello, Blogging World!

Up until a few weeks ago, I just assumed that it was a requirement that you must have kids, or at least be married with the thought of bringing kids into the world, in order to be a blogger. What could I--a childless, husbandless girl of twenty-six--possibly have to blog about? Well, not much. I lead a pretty boring life. I work as a neonatal nurse 3 days a week, and on the other four days of the week I watch TV, I eat, I facebook, and I sleep. Really not much blog-worthy content there. Because I live on my own, I tend to spend a lot of quality time with myself. I think about things a lot...indeed, probably too much. I think so hard about these everyday things and situations that they often reach a point where they become hilarious to me. Maybe it's because I spend so much time in solitude, or maybe it's because I have a job that requires me to be serious and diligent for 12 hours straight. If my four years of being a nurse have taught me nothing else, they have taught me to find humor where I can and spread it around. Whenever I can make someone laugh, especially someone who is having a rough day, I feel productive. Upon reflection of this fact, I have come to the realization that a blog does not have to have adorable pictures of beautiful children or tasty recipes to be shared in order to be enjoyed. My blog will let you have a little glimpse inside my head and into those everyday things that I find so hilarious. I hope it will make you laugh.

Having said all that, I must back up and say that I am not completely childless, and I do not live in total solitude. I have a furry little canine son named Colby. He is a 2-year-old Havanese mix, and he is basically the light of my life. Much of the humor in my life revolves around this little guy. Given this fact, you can expect Colby to have a frequently recurring role in my blog. Although I am a proud mother, I will try to refrain from making every post about my Colby.

I must warn you that you may not find every one of my posts exceptionally funny. That's okay. Occasionally I may put my serious face on and post something that is really not meant to be all that funny. And at other times, I may try to be funny, but fail miserably. I am a dork, so it kind of goes with the territory. I hope to make posts based on the funny things that come to me. So don't expect daily posts, and sometimes there may even be weeks between posts. The number of posts will be directly correlated to the number of funny things that happen in my life from here on out. If you get really desperate for a post, then just find some way to make me laugh hard enough that it becomes blog-worthy. Oh, and for all of you visual learners, I will try to incorporate pictures into most of my posts.

Let the blogging begin!

1 comment:

  1. Ann, I'm happy you have a blog! Now I can keep up with you since I suck at actually talking to people.

    In case you ever feel like checking up on me:
    web.me.com/kathleen.ann.moore

    ReplyDelete