Saturday, June 18, 2011

Colby's Giant Water Bowl

With as hot as it has been the past few weeks, I've been spending a lot of time in and around my backyard pool. Being the loyal pup that he is, Colby tries his best to keep me company when I'm out in the backyard. However, he can only last a couple of minutes before he starts panting and gasping in the summer heat. On many occasions, I've tried everything I can do to get him to get in the pool to cool down, short of just throwing him in there. He refuses to get in, and for some reason he seems to prefer to hang out in the air-conditioned house over the 100+ degree backyard.

Now something you must understand about Colby is that he is a bit narcissistic. He believes that everything that happens in this world revolves around him. For example, whenever I open my refrigerator, he automatically thinks that he is going to get something to eat (usually cheese or carrots, which is the only non-dog food he typically gets to eat). As another example, every time I grab my purse and open the door out to my garage, Colby gets excited and darts to the car, thinking he is about to go for a ride. And, of course, whenever someone comes over to my house--friends, the bug man, UPS delivery people, etc.--Colby knows for sure that they have come to see him. So, naturally, Colby would find a way to make the backyard pool all about him.







Nope, it's not a pool at all. It's a giant water bowl for Colby! At least I don't have to worry about him getting dehydrated any time soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment